Social Security Schemes
Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme[at]1000/- Per Month
No. 458A-SW(4)-2011.—In partial modification of the Social Justice and Empowerment Department Notification No. 1988-SW(4) /2006, dated 20th September, 2006, the Governor of Haryana is pleased to substitute Para No. 3 of the “Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme 2005” with the following : “3. Eligibility Criteria— A person is eligible for the grant of Old Age Samman Allowance, if, (i) the person is of age 60 years or more; and (ii) the person is domiciled and resident of Haryana State; and (iii) his/her income from all sources together with that of his/her spouse does not exceed ` 2.00 Lacs/- per annum.
Widow Pension Scheme [at]1000/- Per Month
No. 458B-SW(4)-2011.—In partial modification of the Social Justice and EmpowermentDepartment Notification No. 1921-SW(3)/92, dated 24th August, 1992, the Governorof Haryana is pleased to substitute Para No. 3 of the “The Haryana Pension to Widows& Destitute Women Scheme Rules 1988-89” with the following : “3. EligibilityCriteria— A woman of age 18 years and above is eligible for grant of pension underthe Scheme if she is domicile of Haryana and has been residing in Haryana Statefor the last one year at the time of submission of application and her own incomefrom all sources is below ` 2.00 Lacs/- per annum and further any one of the threeconditions are fulfilled :
- She is a widow; or
- She is destitute withouthusband, parents and son(s); or
- She is destitute due to desertion or physical/mentalincapacity of,
- Husband in case of married woman; or
- Parents in case of otherwomen. Note : “Physical/mental incapacity” is as defined in Notification No. 1953-SW(4) 2009, dated 30th October, 2009 and as amended from time to time.
Disability Pension Scheme [at] 1000/-
This is a State scheme under which handicapped person of Haryana domicile with a minimum 70% disability and are 18 years of age and above, are given pension [at] ` 1000/- disabled persons as per eligibility criteria laid down in the rules of the scheme . The applicant’s close relatives and parents are not in a financial position to support him/her and the income of his/her parents, close relatives or his/her own income from all sources is less than the income as prescribed under the Minimum Wages Act. He/She will have to submit proof of income verified by the competent authority.
Financial Assistance to Destitute Children Scheme (FADC) [at]500/- Per Child.
No. 458C-SW(4)-2011.—In partial modification of the Social Justice and Empowerment Department Notification No. 786-SW(1)/84, dated 6th February, 1984, the Governor of Haryana is pleased to substitute Para No. 3 of “Haryana Dependent Children (Grant of Financial Assistance ) to Destitute Children Rules, 1978” with the following : “3. Eligibility Criteria— A child under twenty-one years of age if he/she is domicile of Haryana and is residing in Haryana State and has been deprived of parental support or care by reason of death, or continued absence from home of his father for the last 2 years, or father/mother has been sentenced to imprisonment for a period not less than one year, or physical/mental incapacity of a parent and whose parents/guardians’ income from all sources do not exceed ` 2.00 Lacs/- per annum shall be eligible for financial assistance under this Scheme. Note : “Physical/mental incapacity” is as defined in Notification No. 1953-SW (4) 2009, dated 30th October, 2009 and as amended from time to time.
Ladli Social Security Allowance Scheme. [at]1000/- per Month
No. 470-SW(4)-2011.—In partial modification of the Social Justice and Empowerment Department Notification No. 1803-SW(4)/2006, dated 18th September, 2006 as amended by Notification No. 861-SW(4)- 2007, dated 4th May, 2007, the Governor of Haryana is pleased to substitute sub-paras Para No. 2 of the “Ladli Social Security Allowance Scheme” with the following : “2. Eligibility Criteria— (i) Any family where biological single parent/parents are domicile of Haryana or working for Government of Haryana and having no son, biological or adopted, but only daughter/daughters are eligible to get benefit [at] ` 1000/- per month under this Scheme. (ii) The gross annual income from all sources of the family must not exceed ` 2,00,000/- to be eligible for getting benefit under this Scheme. (iii) The eligible family will be entitled to receive benefit under this Scheme for a period of 15 years from the date either of the two parents completes 45 years of age. The benefit will be paid to the mother, if surviving. In case the mother is not surviving, the benefit will be paid to the father.” This issues with the approval of the Council of Ministers, Haryana, as conveyed vide U.O. No. 9/54/2011- 2 Cabinet, dated 26th May, 2011.
Financial Assistance to Kashmiri Migrants Families Scheme. [at]2500/- Per Month
The Kashmiri families who have migrated from Jammu & Kashmir to Haryana and are living in various cities of Haryana will be given Financial Assistance [at] ` 2500/- per month per family. The scheme is implemented w.e.f. 01-04-2006
Allowance to Dwarfs and Eunuch [at]1000/- Per Month
Dwarfs and Eunuch who are living in various cities of Haryana will be given allowance [at] ` 1000/- per month per beneficiary. The applicant’s close relatives and parents are not in a financial position to support him/her and the income of his/her parents, close relatives or his/her own income from all sources is less than the income as prescribed under the Minimum Wages Act. i.e. 3510/- p.m. as in 2008. He/She will have to submit proof of income verified by the competent authority.
Financial Assistance to non-school going Disabled Children [at] 700/- Per month
Under this scheme mentally retarded and multiple disabled children who are in the age group of 0-18 years who are not able to attend formal education, training etc. due to their disability is given financial aid. They are totally depend on their parents and relatives and need constant supervision and care of their families. Financial Assistance shall be admissible under the scheme [at] ` 700/- p.m. to every such disabled child in the family of the applicant.
Unemployment pensions schemes to the physically handicapped persons
All educated unemployed applicants shall eligible for the grant of unemployment pensions schemes who are physically handicapped in accordance with the criteria and are enrolled on the live register of employment exchange in Haryana. Those who are 70% and above handicapped the rate of pensions schemes as follows:-
- Matric/Middle pass diploma holder Rs. 200/- p.m.
- Graduate/Matric pass diploma holders Rs. 250/- p.m.
- Post Graduate/Graduate diploma holder Rs. 300/- p.m.
Rates of unemployment pensions schemes to 100% handicapped would be as under:-
- Matric/Middle pass diploma holder Rs. 1000 p.m.
- Graduate/Matric pass diploma holder Rs. 1500 p.m.
- Post graduate/Graduate diploma holder Rs. 2000/- p.m.
Financial assistance will be given for a period of six year From the month of application form is received in the office. Handicapped person will required to give an affidavit at the beginning of every fi9nancial year that they continued to be unemployed. The unemployment pensions schemes shall be remitted to the beneficiaries as quarterly basis. Application form should be available free of cost is the D.S.W.O. office. Fresh applications form should be supported by the following documents:-
- Three specimen signatures duly attested by gazetted officer.
- Attested disability certificate. Attested
- educational certificates.
- Registration certificate from the unemployment office.
- Attested prescribed affidavit.
Scholarship to the Handicapped students
A disable students who is a domicile of Haryana, having disability 40% and above, getting education in the educational institutions may apply for the scholarship from I class to on wards whose family income from all somas not exceeding 4000/- p.m. for I to VIII class and rate of scholarship I to IV class Rs. 100 p.m., V to VIII class Rs. 120 p.m. and for IX to on wards class whose family incosme is not exceeding 6000/-p.m. rate of scholarship as follows IX to 10+2 125 p.m. graduation class Rs. 200 p.m. post graduate clame Rs. 300 p.m. An application form will be available from the office of D.S.W.O. and free of cost. The application form is duly filled by the institution every year. The application form shall be accompanied by disability certificate and income certificate by not below the range of Naib Tehsildar. If the student is failed in the class from the scholarship will not be admissible for the same class.
National Benefit Scheme(N.F.B.S.)
Family under this scheme on the death of head of bread earmed of family under B.P.L., in age group 18 to 64 years, Govt. will be provided help of Rs. 20,000, application form of the scheme shall be available as the office of D.S.W.O. free of cost self signed application form with 2 photo, ration card copy, death certificate copy, no marriage affidavit, BPL list copy, attested by sarpunch/namberdar, be submitted to the consurned D.S.W.O. office with in one year of death.
Identity card to the handicapped person
Under this scheme the office of the District Social Welfare Officer shall be issued the identity card to the person having certificate 40% and above disability. Application form shall be available in the office of D.S.W.O. self signed application form must be attached with 2 photo, Ration card copy, blood group certificate and handicapped certificate issued by Civil Surgeon.
Miniority communities welfare scheme
The ministery of minorities affairs introduced a scheme of pre matric scholarship for student belonging to the minority communities notified by the contol Govt. which shall be implemented through the state Govt. with three type of scholor ship as below:-
- Prematric scholarship scheme.
- Past matric scholarship Scheme.
- Marit-cum-mea scholarship scheme.
For application form more detail please contact the Concerned District Social Welfare
Rajiv Gandhi Parivar Bima Yojna
Aim and Objective:-
A lot of people die or get permanently disabled due to various accidents like rail/road accidents, fires, drowning,snake bites, electrocution and farming equipment or even unnatural causes like murder. poisoning etc. This results in not only suffering to the bereaved dependents on account of the loss of life but heavy financial burden to the affectedfamily. As on date, there is no or very little compensation available to the bereaved family following death/permanentdisablement of the domicile of Haryana in case of road/rail accident. Dependent of the deceased can approach MotorAccident Claims Tribunals for relief but such processes take a lot of time in getting compensation through MotorAccident Claims Tribunals. It also involves a lot of paper-work. proceedings in the court and several witnesses tofinalize the case resulting in delay. In this way. relevance of the compensation is more or less diminished.This creates an urgent need for financial support. which in fact is proposed to be provided by this scheme in theform of compensation to the bereaved family as per details below in order to address their immediate financial requirements.
Persons of age 18 years and above but below 60 years of all the families in Haryana whose names appear inthe voters’ list of Haryana or who hold Ration Card issued by the Food and Supplies Department of Haryanashall be covered under this Scheme. except the categories of family excluded in sub-para
below and subject to the condition that the benefit will be admissible for only one member of the family. However, in cases where more than one member die or are injured in the same accident, benefit can be given in respectof all the dead or injured. Benefit of the scheme for death or permanent disability resulting from accidentoccurring even outside Haryana shall be extended under the scheme. Homeless people, if fulfilling other conditions, are covered under this Scheme.
Categories excluded from the Scheme:-
- Gross annual income from all sources exceeding n,50,OOO/-.
- Employees of Government and its Public Sector Undertakings. Cooperative Institutions.
Universities. Government Aided Institutions etc. as they are already covered under
Group Insurance Scheme.
- Death/ Permanent Total Disability/ Disability due to accidents like:
- Rail/Road/Air accidents
- Riot, strike and terrorism
- Snake bite. drowning
- Poisoning. electrocution
- Falling from height, collapse of house/building
- Fire, Explosion, Implosion
- Attack by animals
- Stampede and suffocation etc
- Frost bite, sun burn (100), lightning
- Bum Injuries
- Hungerl starvation (death only)
- Maternal Mortality during child delivery (death only)
- Death/Permanent Total DisabilitylDisability caused due to occupational hazards like threshing machine/ ;”dustrial machine etc. or due to any other unnatural events, except following from : War and allied perils, Nuclear risks, Self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide, or whilst- Under the influence of alcoholic drinks or drugs, Engaging in aviation activities other than traveling as a passenger, Breaching any law with criminal intent.
The benefit is admissible as below: (a)
- Death: Rs. l,OO,OOO/-
- Permanent Total Disability: Rs. l,OO,OOO/-
- Loss of two limbs or two eyes or one limb and one eye: Rs. 50,000/-
- Loss of one eye or one limb: Rs. 25,000/-
The benefit will be paid to the legal heir(s) of the deceased in the following order strictly:
- Firstly, to the surviving spouse;
- Secondly. to the children;
- Thirdly, to the parents;
- Lastly, to the siblings.
- To be eligible, the following conditions must be fulfilled by the legal heir(s) :
- In the case of children/sibling, he/she must be unmarried and not above 25 years of age on the date of death of the beneficiary. The maximum age limit of 25 years will not be applicable in the case of a childwith at least 40% disability.
- His/her gross annual income should net exceed ~2.50,OOO/-. In the case of parents, the gross annual income of both the parents will be taken together.
- The spouse is not re-married before the benefit actually paid.
The procedure to be followed will be as follows:
- Application will be received in the office of the Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil).
- SDO (C) will get the verification done and send the case to the DSWO with his recommendations within 1S days.
- DSWO will examine and put up the case to the Deputy Commissioner for approval within a week.
- After the approval of the Deputy Commissioner. the amount will be drawn by the DSWO and he shall make a bank draft in favour of the eligible beneficiary. He shall send the draft by registered post ordisburse to the beneficiary after due verification of identity. This process will be completed within IS days.
- After disbursement. DSWO will intimate to the SDO(C). who is the Nodal Officer.
Documents To Be Submitted By The Legal Heir(S) In Case Of Claim
In the case of death
- Recommendation of Sub Divisional Officer (Civilj/ Nodal Officer
- DomicilelResidence Certificate issued by the concerned CROrrehsildar or Naib- Tehsildar. In its absence. verification of residence done by the Sarpanch/ Municipal Commissioner shall be valid for the purpose
- Attested photocopy of voters’ list/ration card
- Claim Form
- Post-mortem report and Death Certificate issued by the competent authority
- Copy of First Information Report or Daily Dairy Report, as the case may be
- An affidavit that no member of the family of the deceased was paid benefit under the Scheme earlier; that the gross annual income of the family of the deceased was not above ~ 2,50,000/-. Family includes spouse, children and parents of the deceased.
- In case the spouse is claimant: An affidavit that he/she is not re-married
- In case the children/siblings are claimant: Age certificate and an affidavit that he/she is unmarried
- In case the parents are claimants: A joint affidavit of gross annual income together.
In case of Permanent Total Disability:
- Recommendation of Sub Divisional Officer (Civil)! Nodal Office
- Domicile!Residence Certificate issued by the concerned CROrrehsildar or Naib- Tehsildar. In its absence. verification of residence done by the Sarpanchl Municipal Commissioner shall be valid for the purpose
- Attested photocopy of voters’ list! ration card
- Claim Form
- Medical Certificate and Medico-Legal Report issued by the competent authority confirming percentage and kind of disability
- Copy of First Information Report or Daily Dairy Report, as the case may be
- An affidavit that no member of the family of the beneficiary was paid benefit under the Scheme earlier; that the gross annual income of the family of the beneficiary was not above ~2,50.000/-. Family includes spouse, children and parents of the deceased
- As regards proof of age. Birth Certificate or Date of Birth given on the Education Certificate or Voter’s Identity Card or Ration Card shall be acceptable.
- No claim will be entertained. if lodged after six months of the death or accident. as the case may be
The District Social Welfare Officer and Sub- Divisional Officer (Civil) shall maintain a register in the prescribed format and shall dispose of the cases strictly on first-come-first-serve basis and a monthly report in this regard shall be submitted to the Directorate of Social Justice and Empowerment. Haryana
Rejection Of Claim
No application shall be rejected either by the District Social Welfare Officer or the Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil) at their level and all such application shall be decided by the Deputy Commissioner of the district concerned for decision. whose decision shall be final.
Indira Gandhi Priyadarshni Vivah Shagun Scheme
The Governer of Haryana is pleased to shift the “Indira Gandhi Priyadarshni Vivah Shagun Shceme” from welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Department to Social Justice & Empowerment Department covering only general categories beneficiaries i.e.d Non-Scheduled Castes and Non-Backward Classes. The Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Department will contine to implement this scheme for the reserved categories of beneficiares. The scheme will be implemented by the Social Justice and Empowerment Department w.e.f. 1st April 2013.
- The people of general categories living below poverty line.
- Widow living below poverty line on the marriage of her daughter.
- The families having land holding less then 2.5 acres or income less than Rs. One lakh per annum.
- Women who becomes widow or divocee and wants remarriage provided she is otherwise eligible for the assistance and have not availed this assistance earlier for her own marriage.
- Destitute girls living in Government/Government aided NGOs/institutions. The condition of Below Poverty Line will not be applicable in this case.
- Orphan girls living with their guardians on their marriage. The condition of Below Poverty Line will not be applicable in this case.
- The beneficiary should be Haryana domicile.
- The girl must be at least 18 years of age i.e. the minimum legal age for the marriage of a girl on the date of marriage.
- The name of the beneficiary should be in the list of below poverty line, if assistance is being sought on this ground.
- The beneficiary will provide a certificate regarding age proof of the girl such as birth certificate/matric certificate/certificate issued by a Doctor of Primary Health Centre.
- This assisatnce will be given only up to the marriage of two daughters in a family.
- The beneficiary will provide a certificate regarding land holding issued by the concerened Patwari.
- Self attested declaration may be provided by the beneficiary with regards to his/her income.
The benefit is admissible as below:-
- To Widow (B.P.L.) Orphans, Destitute girls : Rs. 31,000/-
- The families having land holding of less than 2.5 acres Or income less than Rs. 1 Lakh per annum :Rs. 10,000/-
- Other benefiaries except in (i) and (ii) above : Rs. 11,000/-
Financial help for eligible citizens.